Thursday, January 28, 2010

Business Leaders I Admire


There are many business leaders that I admire and look up to. Leaders that know that the roots of their success was the time, effort, drive and the relentless attitude to not give up or fail. One of these leaders that I admire so greatly is Bill Gates. Being a "techie" myself and knowing the inner workings of computers and some basic knowledge of their coding I feel I can relate to Gates. Obviously not financially but I admire what he did for the computer industry; he revolutionized it.

Bill Gates built the only consumer-based operating system for computers when none existed. At the time there was only DOS. That said, DOS had no interface, it was just a command based way to get the computer to do what you want. What this means is that you type in a command and the computer would execute that command. There was no desktop icons or "My Computer", just the command console. So Bill Gates and his partner at school (who now owns apple) made an operating system with a graphic interface and easily accessible to the average person. This revolutionized the computer industry and was the key part to Microsoft's success. It practically monopolized the market because it was the only thing of it's kind. Now today all businesses and the professional word use Windows and the word processing programs for it.

Bill Gates innovated and revolutionized the industry then and made a vastly successful corporation because of it. I admire his ability have a vision and make the vision a reality. I think he really leads the pack in innovation and business sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment