Thursday, January 28, 2010

My IS Day

Today, (well technically yesterday due to time of submission) I started my day relatively early considering when I usually wake up (11am - 2am). I got up at around 9:30 am and immediately turn on my computer and start blogging actually. I start my browser(google chrome), go to eBlogger and log in. I write up a few blogs and post them. The list following this paragraph will outline the components of my first information system.

Hardware: Desktop Computer.

Software: Google Chrome, HTML.

Data: My posted blogs.

Procedure: Logging into eBlogger and writing out my blogs.

People: Myself.

After I got tired of blogging about 2 or 3 hours later, I decided to entertain myself for a little bit. So to remedy my boredom and tired mood, I turned on my PS3. I launch my game from the menu and load it up. After it's all loaded up I sent my friend a message over the in-game messenger asking him to come play with me in the game and as requested, he came to play. This is the second information system I will use today; but not the last.

Hardware: Playstation 3.

Software: MAG(Video Game)

Data: Sending the message to my friend.

Procedure: Starting up the PS3 -> Loading the game -> Sending the message.

People: Myself and my friend(Paul).

The third information system I used today was definitely my cellular phone. At around 4pm when my other friends start becoming available from their obligations in life I usually check my phone to see if they messaged me to do something later on, if not, I'll pass them a text asking them the same thing. So, at around 4pm I checked my phone, it had 4 text messages. 2 From my friend Mark and two from my ex-girlfriend(we'll just ignore those ones). I then responded to my friend mark and sent him a text message back. We went to hangout an hour later.

Hardware: LG Xenon Cellular Phone

Software: LG Xenon Phone Firmware

Data: The traded text messages.

Procedure: Unlocked my phone, checked my messages and replied to them.

People: Myself, Mark and Andrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment