Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Employment History

Over the seemingly short 18 years that I have been alive I have only really had two real jobs. A job where I felt that I was making a difference and actually contributing to the society and economy; even if it was just in a minor way.

My first job was at my dad's work, Anixter. It is a company that sells all sorts of cable from HDMI cables to the cables that run the elevator in the CN Tower. They also sell security products such as security cameras and stuff like that. While I was employed at Anixter I would do certain things like move shipments from the warehouse, clean up the grounds (I even pained a picnic table) all the way to handling and organizing invoices and taking calls. It was a pretty fun job because everyone there is really fun and energetic and have a great time at work. I can honestly say I enjoyed it quite thoroughly.

My next job was in retail, seasonal to be quite honest. It was at a clothing store in Square One called "Aeropostale". I worked there for around 2 or 3 months during the holiday season. I loved this job. Everyone was nice, the environment was friendly and the managerial staff was awesome. I would fold clothes, make sure the store is nice and presentable, do cashier on occasion, basically just provide the best customer support I could and try to sell some product. The holiday season was insane and the job got exponentially more difficult but for the most part it still wasn't bad. It wasn't a bad little gig and I really liked it. Unfortunately I got laid off due to my term running out and head office demanding to cut some payroll from this location. Though, I will try to reapply soon enough.

Well, that is my employment history. Not the biggest history but I can sure tell you that I really like both of these jobs and I think that's what counts.




No comments:

Post a Comment